Brief Introduction to Chinese Visa
2017-06-24 12:00

Chinese visa is the permit issued by the Chinese visa authorities to a foreign person for entry into, exit from or transit through China. The Chinese visa authorities may issue a Diplomatic, Courtesy, Service or Ordinary Visa to a foreign person according to his/her status, the purpose of visit to China or the passport type. The Ordinary Visa consists of eight sub-categories, which are respectively marked with a letter such as C, D, F, G, J-1, J-2, L, X and Z.

C Visa: Issued to the crew members performing duties on board international trains, airliners or other vehicles of transport as well as their accompanying family members.

D Visa: Issued to a foreign person who intends to reside permanently in China.

F Visa: Issued to a foreign person who is invited to China for a visit, an investigation, a lecture, commercial or scientific-technological or cultural exchanges, short-term advanced study or intern practice for a period of no more than six months.

G Visa: Issued to a foreign person who intends to travel through China.

J-1 Visa: Issued to a foreign journalist who intends to reside temporarily in China.

J-2 Visa: Issued to a foreign journalist who intends to make a short trip to China for reasons of news reporting.
L Visa: Issued to a foreign person who intends to comes to China for sightseeing, family visit or other private purposes.

X  Visa : Issued to a foreign person who intends to come to China for short-term or advanced study, or intern practice for a period of more than six months.

Z Visa: Issued to a foreign person who intends to come to China to assume an executive post or for reasons of employment, as well as his or her accompanying family members.

Overseas Chinese visa authorities are Chinese embassies, consulates, and other offices authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, People′s Republic of China. If a foreign person intends to enter, exit from or transit through the Chinese territory, he/she shall apply to the above-mentioned Chinese visa authorities for a Chinese visa.

Visas are not required of foreign persons (except citizens of the United States and the United Kingdom), who hold the final destination tickets and have booked seats on international airliners flying directly through China, and will stay in a transit city for less than 24 hours without leaving the airport. Provided they hold the valid passports, the visas for the destination countries, as well as the final destination tickets, have booked seats and will stay in Shanghai for less than 48 hours, citizens of the following countries who transit through Pudong Airport or Hongqiao Airport are permitted to enter China visa-free:

Republic of Korea, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Austria, and Greece.

No visa is required of any ordinary passport holders who comes from Singapore ,Brunei and Japan to visit China for up to 15 days for reasons of business, sightseeing, visiting relatives or friends.


Produced By 大汉网络 大汉版通发布系统