Strengthening measures to promote the development of the western region to form a new pattern is a major decision-making arrangement made by the CPC Central Committee and the State Council, proceeding from the overall situation, complying with the new requirements of socialism with Chinese characteristics entering a new era and coordinated regional development entering a new stage, and coordinating the domestic and international overall situation. Since the 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China, under the strong leadership of the Party Central Committee with Comrade Xi Jinping at the core, the economic and social development in the western region has made significant historic achievements, laying a relatively solid foundation for winning the victory of building a well-off society in an all-round way and expanding the strategic maneuver space for national development. However, at the same time, the problem of unbalanced and insufficient development in the western region is still prominent, the task of consolidating poverty eradication is still arduous, the development gap with the eastern region is still large, the task of safeguarding national unity, social stability and national security is still heavy, and it is still a short board and weak link in building a well-off society in an all-round way and realizing socialist modernization. In the new era, continuing to do a good job in the development of the western region is of great practical and far-reaching historical significance for enhancing the ability to prevent and resolve various risks, promoting coordinated regional development, winning the victory of building a well-off society in an all-round way, and starting a new journey of building a modern socialist country in an all-round way. In order to speed up the formation of a new pattern of western development and promote high-quality development in the western region, the following opinions are hereby put forward.
I. General Requirements
Guided by Xi Jinping's new era of socialism with Chinese characteristics, Fully implement the spirit of the 19th Party Congress and the Second and Third Plenary Sessions of the 19th CPC Central Committee, We will promote the overall layout of the "Five in One" as a whole. We will coordinate and promote the "four comprehensive" strategic layout. We will implement the overall national security concept, adhere to the general tone of seeking progress while maintaining stability, adhere to the new development concept, adhere to the promotion of high-quality development, adhere to the supply-side structural reform as the main line, deepen market-oriented reform, expand high-level opening up, unswervingly push forward the implementation of major reform measures, and prevent and resolve major risks and challenges in promoting reform. Strengthen measures to focus on key points, supplement short boards, strong and weak items, A new pattern of great protection, great opening up and high-quality development has been formed. To promote the quality change, efficiency change and power change of economic development, to promote the coordination of economic development in the western region with population, resources and environment, to achieve higher quality, more efficient, fairer and more sustainable development, to ensure that the ecological environment, business environment, open environment and innovation environment in the western region will be significantly improved by 2020, and to build a well-off society in an all-round way together with the whole country; By 2035, the western region will basically realize socialist modernization. The accessibility of basic public services, infrastructure and people's living standards will be roughly the same as those in the eastern region. Efforts will be made to realize complementary development of different types of regions, the two-way opening up of the east and the west will go hand in hand, the ethnic border areas will be prosperous, safe and stable, and human beings and nature will coexist harmoniously.
II. Implement the new development concept and promote high-quality development.
(1) Fight three major tough battles. We will take the three major tough battles, especially the precise battle against poverty, as the key task to win the victory of building a well-off society in an all-round way and concentrate our efforts on overcoming difficulties. We will focus on solving the outstanding problems faced by the realization of the "two without worries and three guarantees". We will step up efforts to overcome poverty in deep poverty-stricken areas and special poverty-stricken groups, reduce and prevent the poor from returning to poverty, and ensure that by 2020, under the current standards, all the rural poor in the western region will be lifted out of poverty and all the poor counties will be stripped of their hats. On the basis of completing the task of poverty alleviation in an all-round way, stubble pressing will push forward the strategy of rural revitalization and consolidate the achievements of poverty alleviation. In combination with the actual development of the western region, we will fight a landmark major campaign for pollution prevention and control, implement major environmental protection projects, and build an ecological environment zoning control system. Accurately study and judge the main possible risk points, combine with the actual situation in the western region, further improve the system and mechanism, and come up with reform and innovation measures. Adhere to the bottom line thinking, strengthen source control, and effectively stabilize leverage ratio
(2) Continuously improve the ability of innovation and development. With innovation capacity building as the core, strengthen innovation and open cooperation, and create a new high in the region. We will improve the layout of major national scientific research infrastructure and support the western region to give priority to the construction of national innovation platforms and scientific apparatus in areas with unique advantages. We will accelerate the establishment of national independent innovation demonstration zones, demonstration zones for the transfer and transformation of scientific and technological achievements and other innovation carriers in regions with the conditions in the west. We will further deepen cooperation in scientific and technological innovation between the East and the West and build a collaborative innovation community. A number of application-oriented undergraduate and higher vocational schools will be built in the western region to support "double first-class" universities to provide counterpart support to the western region. We will further promote mass entrepreneurship and innovation, promote high-quality development of innovation and entrepreneurship in the western region, and create an upgraded version of "double innovation". We will improve the demand-oriented and enterprise-oriented integrated innovation system of production, teaching and research, and encourage all kinds of enterprises to set up scientific and technological innovation companies in the western region. Support the National Science and Technology Achievements Transformation Guidance Fund to set up venture capital sub-funds in the western region. We will strengthen the construction of intellectual property protection, application and service systems and support international exchanges and cooperation in intellectual property.
(3) Promoting the formation of a modern industrial system. Give full play to the comparative advantages of the western region, promote the development of qualified industrial clusters, take greater steps in cultivating new kinetic energy and the transformation and upgrading of traditional kinetic energy, promote the wide application and deep integration of information technology in traditional industries, and build a competitive modern industrial system. We will promote the in-depth integration of rural 123 industries and promote the transformation and upgrading of the entire industrial chain and value chain of agriculture and animal husbandry. We will accelerate the construction of high-standard farmland, modern ecological pastures, functional areas for grain production and protected areas for the production of important agricultural products such as cotton, oil and sugar, and support the development of ecologically intensive, efficient and standardized facility agriculture. To speed up the production, research and development, popularization and application of high-end and characteristic agricultural machinery and equipment. Promote the development of modern manufacturing and strategic emerging industries. Actively develop big data, artificial intelligence and "intelligence +" industries, and vigorously develop the industrial Internet. We will promote the development of new formats such as "Internet plus Education", "Internet plus Medical Care" and "Internet plus Tourism", speed up the network and reduce fees, and accelerate the development of cross-border electronic commerce. We will support the western region to give full play to its advantages in ecology, ethnic customs and border scenery, deepen international cooperation in tourism resources opening, information sharing, industry supervision, public services, tourism safety and standardized services, and improve the level of tourism services. Relying on scenic spots and border tourism pilot areas, we will vigorously develop tourism, leisure, health and other service industries to create important pillar industries in the region. We will accelerate the development of modern service industries, especially professional service industries, and strengthen the construction of modern logistics service systems.
(4) Optimizing the structure of energy supply and demand. We will optimize the structure of coal production and consumption, promote cleaner production and intelligent and efficient mining of coal, actively promote the graded and quality-based cascade utilization of coal, and steadily carry out upgrading demonstrations of coal-to-oil, coal-to-gas and coal-to-olefin products. Build a number of oil and gas production bases. Accelerate the exploration, development and utilization of coalbed methane. Strengthen the development and utilization of renewable energy, carry out research on large-scale energy storage projects for Yellow River cascade power stations, and cultivate a number of clean energy bases. Accelerate the local absorption of wind power and photovoltaic power generation. We will continue to increase the construction of inter-provincial key transmission channels such as the transmission of electricity from west to east to enhance clean power transmission capacity. Strengthen the construction of peak shaving capacity of power grid to effectively solve the problem of wind, light and water abandonment. Actively promote the transformation of the distribution network and the transformation and upgrading of the rural network to improve the power supply capacity in remote areas. We will speed up the construction of north-to-south coal transportation channels and large coal reserve bases, and continue to strengthen the construction of oil and gas branch lines and terminal pipe networks. We will build a multi-level natural gas storage system and speed up the establishment of underground gas storage in eligible areas. We will support high-load energy industries that meet the requirements of environmental protection, energy efficiency and other standards to concentrate in clean energy advantageous areas in the west.
(5) Vigorously promote the development of urban-rural integration. In-depth implementation of the rural revitalization strategy, do a good job in the new era of "agriculture, rural areas and farmers" work. Cultivate new farmers and optimize the structure of agricultural practitioners in the western region. With the goal of building beautiful and livable villages, we will strengthen the construction of rural living environment and comprehensive service facilities. On the basis of strengthening protection, we will revitalize rural historical and cultural resources and form rural cultural industries and brands with regional and ethnic characteristics. According to local conditions, optimize the layout and form of urbanization, enhance and give full play to the functions of national and regional central cities, promote the high-quality development of urban agglomerations and the networking construction of large, medium and small cities, and cultivate and develop a number of characteristic small towns. We will increase support for the revitalization and development of special types of areas such as resource depletion in the western region. We will orderly promote the citizenization of the agricultural transfer population. We will promote full coverage of the resident population for basic public services and ensure that eligible migrant workers who have not settled in cities and towns enjoy basic public services equally in the places of inflow. Summing up the reform experience of urban and rural areas such as "resources to assets, funds to shares, and farmers (cities) to shareholders", we will explore a new mechanism of "joint shares to industry, joint shares to responsibilities, joint shares to heart". We will coordinate the construction of municipal public facilities in urban and rural areas and promote the extension of urban public infrastructure to surrounding rural areas.
(6) Strengthen infrastructure planning and construction. We will improve the accessibility, patency and equalization of infrastructure and promote green and intensive development. We will strengthen the construction of transportation corridors that run from east to west and from north to south, and expand the regional development axis. Strengthen the planning and construction of trunk routes for resource and energy development. We will speed up the planning and construction of major projects such as Sichuan-Tibet Railway, the high-speed railway along the Yangtze River, the Chongqing-Kunming high-speed railway, and the Xi (Ning) Chengdu (Du) railway. Pay attention to the coordinated development of high-speed railway and ordinary railway, and continue to open many stations and "slow trains" with low fares. We will open up broken ends and bottleneck roads and strengthen the construction of sea-going, poverty alleviation and tourism transportation infrastructure. Strengthen the construction of comprehensive passenger transport hubs and freight transport hubs (logistics parks). Improve the layout of national logistics hubs and improve the efficiency of logistics operations. We will strengthen the construction of aviation ports and hubs, expand the navigation rights of hub airports, and actively develop general aviation. We will further improve the coverage of information networks in rural and remote areas. Reasonable planning and construction of a number of key water source projects, key river and lake treatment projects and large-scale irrigation district projects, strengthen the continued construction of large and medium-sized irrigation districts and modernization, small and medium-sized river treatment and dangerous reservoir reinforcement, drought-resistant water source project construction and flash flood disaster prevention and control. We will promote the integration of urban and rural water supply and the construction of key small standardized water supply facilities in densely populated areas, and strengthen the standardized construction of drinking water sources.
(7) Earnestly safeguard national security and social stability. We will coordinate development and security to better play the role of a national security barrier in the western region. We will consolidate and develop socialist ethnic relations of equality, unity, mutual assistance and harmony, and promote the common unity, struggle and prosperity of all ethnic groups. We will further promote three-dimensional prevention and control of social security and build a solid and reliable social security system.
III. Build a "the Belt and Road Initiative" as the lead, increase the opening up of the western region
(8) Actively participate in and integrate into the "the Belt and Road Initiative" construction. We will support Xinjiang in accelerating the construction of the core area of the Silk Road Economic Belt and forming a westward transportation hub and a commercial logistics, cultural, scientific, educational and medical service center. We will support Chongqing, Sichuan and Shaanxi to give full play to their comprehensive advantages and build inland open highlands and development and opening hubs. We will support Gansu and Shaanxi to fully explore their historical and cultural advantages and give full play to the role of an important channel and node in the Silk Road Economic Belt. We will support Guizhou and Qinghai in deepening ecological cooperation at home and abroad and promote the construction of the Green Silk Road. Support Inner Mongolia's deep participation in the construction of China-Mongolia-Russia Economic Corridor. Raise the level of open cooperation between Yunnan and Lancang-Mekong River region.
(9) Strengthen the construction of open channels. Actively implement the China-Singapore (Chongqing) Strategic Connectivity Demonstration Project. We will improve the construction of Beibu Gulf ports, build ports with international competitiveness, accelerate the cultivation of modern marine industries, and actively develop the seaward economy. Actively develop multimodal transport and speed up the construction of connecting lines between railways, highways, ports and parks. Strengthen the transportation capacity of railway passages along the Yangtze River and the construction of port collection and distribution systems. Relying on the golden waterway of the Yangtze River, we will build a combined transportation service mode and a major logistics channel that organically combines land and sea transportation, air and rail transportation, and China-Europe trains. Support the construction of waterless ports in the western region. We will optimize the operation mode of China-EU train organizations and strengthen the construction of China-EU train hub nodes. We will further improve open infrastructure such as ports, cross-border transportation and information channels, and accelerate the construction of an open logistics network and a cross-border mail system. Accelerate the construction of China-ASEAN information port.
(10) The construction of inland multi-level open platform. Chongqing, Chengdu, Xi'an and other provincial capitals (capitals) such as Kunming, Nanning, Urumqi, Lanzhou and Hohhot are encouraged to speed up the construction of international gateway hub cities and improve their sub-regional cooperation support capabilities for neighboring countries. We will support the free trade experimental zone in the western region to carry out pilot tests in the field of investment and trade in accordance with laws and regulations, and explore the construction of an administrative system suitable for high-level openness. We will speed up the construction of inland open economic experimental zones and study the establishment of first-class national ports in inland areas. To study the establishment of Chengdu International Railway Port Economic Development Zone according to procedures. We will promote the construction of functional platforms such as national new districts in an orderly manner. We will integrate and standardize existing bases and parks of all levels and types to speed up the transformation and upgrading of development zones. Encourage national development zones to implement a more flexible personnel system and introduce and develop high-quality medical, educational, financial, logistics and other services. Do a good job in all kinds of national expositions to enhance the influence of the western region.
(11) To speed up the opening up and development of border areas. We will improve the layout of key border development and opening experimental zones, border economic cooperation zones and cross-border economic cooperation zones, and support innovations in cross-border finance, cross-border tourism, customs clearance and law enforcement cooperation, and personnel entry and exit management. We will steadily push forward the construction of border tourism experimental zones, cross-border tourism cooperation zones and agricultural opening-up cooperation experimental zones. Overall use of special funds for foreign trade and economic cooperation development to support foreign trade and economic cooperation development in border areas. We will improve the trade management system for border residents. We will further promote the action of promoting border areas and enriching the people.
(12) To develop a high level of open economy. We will promote the opening up of the western region to the outside world from a flow of commodities and factors to a rule-based system. We will implement the national treatment plus negative list management system before foreign investment is admitted, open up the manufacturing industry in an orderly manner, gradually relax the access to the service industry, and improve the opening level of the mining industry. We will support the western region in applying for the establishment of special customs supervision areas according to procedures, and support enterprises in the region to carry out in-house processing business. Strengthen agricultural opening and cooperation. We will promote enterprises in advantageous industries in the west to actively participate in international capacity cooperation and fulfill necessary environmental, social and governance responsibilities in overseas investment and operation. We will support the construction of a number of foreign trade transformation and upgrading bases with obvious advantages. We will establish a docking mechanism for open platforms in the eastern, central and western regions, build service platforms for project incubation, personnel training and market expansion, and build a number of industrial transfer demonstration areas in the western region. The graded transfer of enterprises to the western region shall be supervised according to the customs credit rating obtained in the original region.
(13) Expand interregional interaction and cooperation. Actively connect with Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei coordinated development, the development of the Yangtze River Economic Belt, Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao-Gulf region construction and other major strategies. We will support Qinghai and Gansu in accelerating the construction of ecological barriers in the upper reaches of the Yangtze River and explore new ways to jointly promote ecological priority and green development. Relying on the comprehensive transportation corridor of land bridges, we will strengthen mutually beneficial cooperation between northwest provinces and eastern and central provinces such as Jiangsu, Shandong and Henan. We will speed up the construction of the Pearl River-Xijiang Economic Zone and the Beibu Gulf Economic Zone, and encourage Guangxi to actively participate in the construction of Guangdong, Hong Kong, Macao and the Great Bay Area and Hainan to comprehensively deepen reform and opening up. We will promote exchanges and cooperation between the East and West Pilot Free Trade Zones and strengthen coordination and opening up. We will support the co-construction of industrial parks across regions and encourage the exploration of "enclave economy" and other models. Strengthen the cooperation and interaction between the northwest and southwest regions, promote the coordinated development of Chengdu-Chongqing and Guanzhong Plain urban agglomerations, and create a core engine leading the opening and development of the western region. We will promote the interactive development of urban agglomerations in Beibu Gulf, Lanzhou-Xining, Hubao-Eyu, Ningxia along the Yellow River, central Guizhou, central Yunnan and the northern slope of Tianshan Mountains. Support the opening up and development of southern Xinjiang. We will support old revolutionary base areas such as Shaanxi-Gansu-Ningxia, Sichuan-Shaanxi and the left and right rivers, and neighboring areas across provinces (autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government) such as Sichuan-Chongqing, Sichuan-Yunnan-Guizhou and Chongqing-Guizhou to establish and improve a coordinated and open development mechanism. Accelerate the process of integration in key regions.
IV. Intensify the construction of a beautiful western region, build a solid national ecological security barrier
(14) In-depth implementation of key ecological projects. Firmly implement the concept that green water and green mountains are golden hills and silver mountains, adhere to protection in development and development in protection, and ensure the ecological security of the upper reaches of the Yangtze River and Yellow River and protect ecological resources such as glaciers and wetlands in accordance with the requirements of the construction of the main functional areas in the country. We will further intensify the implementation of key ecological projects such as soil and water conservation, natural forest protection, returning farmland to forests and grasslands, returning grazing to grasslands, and the construction of key shelterbelt systems. We will carry out land greening actions, steadily push forward the construction of nature reserve systems and wetland protection and restoration, and show a new face in the western part of the United States. Accelerate the construction of the national park system.
(15) Steadily carry out comprehensive management of key areas. Vigorously promote the ecological protection and construction of the Three Rivers Source in Qinghai, the ecological protection and comprehensive management of Qilian Mountains, the comprehensive management of rocky desertification in karst areas, and the control of sandstorm sources in Beijing and Tianjin. Focusing on Fenwei Plain, Chengdu-Chongqing Region, Urumqi and surrounding areas, we will strengthen joint prevention and control of regional air pollution and improve our ability to cope with heavy pollution weather. To carry out a detailed investigation of soil pollution in the western region, actively promote the classified management and safe use of contaminated farmland, and orderly promote the treatment and restoration.
(16) Accelerate the green development in the western region. We will implement the task of building a market-oriented green technology innovation system and accelerate the development of green industries in the western region. We will implement national water-saving actions and double control over the total amount and intensity of energy consumption to comprehensively promote energy conservation and emission reduction in key areas. Vigorously develop circular economy, promote the construction of resource recycling bases and the recycling transformation of parks, and encourage the exploration of low-carbon transformation paths. We will comprehensively promote the river length system and the lake length system, and promote the transformation of green small hydropower stations. We will speed up the construction and renovation of urban sewage networks in southwest China, strengthen the management of sewage outlets entering rivers, and strengthen the interception, collection and management of sewage from villages in cities, old urban areas and urban-rural fringe areas in northwest China. Strengthen cross-border cooperation in ecological environment protection.
V. Deepen reforms in key areas, and unswervingly push forward the implementation of major reform measures
(17) Deepen the reform of the market allocation of factors. Explore the marketization path of collective desert land, set land use, and encourage individuals to apply for the right to use. We will further promote the reform of mixed ownership of commercial local state-owned enterprises whose main business is fully competitive. We will deepen the reform of the pricing mechanism for resource products and other factors, and establish and improve the pricing cost information disclosure system. Orderly liberalization of competitive link electricity prices, deepen the reform of transmission and distribution prices. We will push forward the pilot reform of incremental power distribution business and carry out the pilot of spot power trading. We will implement electricity price policies such as substitution of residents' living electricity during wet periods to promote clean energy consumption in the western region. Establish and improve the flexible price mechanism of natural gas and the upstream and downstream price transmission mechanism. Establish and improve the market-oriented and diversified ecological protection compensation mechanism, and further improve the ecological protection compensation market system. We will build a unified trading platform for natural resources assets and improve the income distribution system for natural resources assets. We will increase the proportion of direct financing in the western region, support eligible enterprises to issue listed financing and refinancing at home and abroad, and raise funds through the issuance of corporate credit bonds and asset securitization products. The green channel policy is applicable to the initial public offering and listing of enterprises in poor western areas, the listing of the new third board, the issuance of bonds, mergers and acquisitions, etc.
(18) Actively promote the reform of the scientific and technological system. To carry out the pilot work of giving scientific researchers the ownership or long-term use right of scientific and technological achievements. We will support the expansion of autonomy in the use of scientific research funds, increase the proportion of indirect funds for intelligence-intensive projects, and favor teams and individuals with outstanding innovation performance. We will accelerate the reform of the salary system for scientific and technological personnel, expand the autonomy of universities and research institutes in salary distribution, and improve the performance-based salary distribution mechanism.
(19) Continue to promote the construction of credit system. Establish and improve the local credit law system. To strengthen the construction of government integrity, establish and improve the government accountability system for dishonesty. Improve the credit information sharing platform of provinces, cities and counties. We will speed up the construction of the credit reporting market, cultivate credit service agencies with good reputation, and encourage the research and development of credit reporting products suitable for the western region.
(20) Strive to create a good business environment. Deepen the reform of "streamline administration, delegate powers and improved regulation and service" and speed up the construction of a service-oriented government. We will implement a unified national negative list system for market access and promote the universal implementation of "non-prohibition or entry". We will implement the reform of the "one run at most" for government services and the commitment system for enterprise investment projects, greatly reducing the approval time for construction projects. We will implement various policies and measures to reduce taxes and fees, and strive to reduce logistics, energy and other costs. We will implement "double random and one open" supervision, implement prudent and inclusive supervision of new technologies, new formats and new models, improve supervision efficiency, and prevent arbitrary inspections and law enforcement from disturbing the public. We will strengthen the basic position of competition policy, further implement the fair competition review system, speed up the clean-up and abolition of various regulations and practices that hinder the unification of the market and fair competition, continue to carry out in-depth management of unfair competition, and form a long-term mechanism to optimize the business environment.
VI. Adhere to the people as the center, to enhance the people's sense of achievement, happiness, security in a prominent position
(21) Focus on strengthening public employment and entrepreneurship services. We will improve the policy and organization and implementation system for lifelong vocational skills training for urban and rural workers. Strengthen employment and national common language training. Increase support for college graduates to find jobs in the western region. Actively guide the transfer of rural labor force for employment and migrant workers returning home to start businesses for employment. We will properly do a good job in the relocation of workers in resolving excess production capacity. We will step up efforts to support flexible employment and new forms of employment.
(22) Support the high-quality development of education. Strengthen the construction of inclusive kindergartens and vigorously train kindergarten teachers in poor areas. We will accelerate the improvement of the basic conditions for schools with weak compulsory education in poor areas, and comprehensively strengthen the construction of small-scale schools in rural areas and boarding schools in villages and towns. In areas where the contradiction between the supply and demand of degree in county compulsory education schools is prominent, the supply of compulsory education will be increased in an orderly manner, the problem of "large classes" will be effectively solved, and the dropout control and retention work will be done well. We will develop modern vocational education, promote East-West cooperation in vocational education, and promote the integration of production and education and school-enterprise cooperation. Gradually popularize high school education. To strengthen the school language work, to ensure that the national common language as the basic language of education and teaching. Support the exploration and use of artificial intelligence and the Internet to carry out distance education and promote the sharing of high-quality teaching resources. We will support the construction of "double first-class" universities in the western region and strive to strengthen discipline construction that meets the development needs of the western region. We will continue to promote education counterpart support in the eastern and western regions. We will continue to implement the plan of counterpart support for universities in the eastern region to universities in the western region, the plan of national support for enrollment cooperation in the central and western regions, and the plan of counterpart support for vocational colleges in the eastern region to vocational colleges in the western region. To promote the international exchange of talents in western universities, the construction of relevant talent introduction platforms will tilt to the western region. Encourage and support ministries and universities and local universities to "order-based" training of professional talents in the western region.
(23) Improve the ability and level of medical services. Focus on strengthening the comprehensive capacity building of county-level hospitals in the western region (including regimental farms), continuously improving rural medical and health conditions, and accelerating the standardization of primary medical and health institutions. We will improve the medical infrastructure and equipment conditions and raise the professional and technical level of medical personnel. Support the establishment of several regional medical centers in the western region. We will explore the use of artificial intelligence and the Internet to carry out telemedicine and support Ningxia in building a "Internet plus Medical and Health" demonstration area. Give full play to the role of traditional Chinese medicine in medical and health services. To speed up the completion of the short board of care services for infants under 3 years old. We will support two-way exchanges between medical institutions in the western region and those in the eastern and central regions.
(24) Improve the multi-level and wide coverage of the social security system. We will accelerate the overall planning of old-age insurance at the provincial level and promote the implementation of the basic old-age insurance benefits for urban and rural residents and the normal adjustment mechanism for basic old-age pensions. Reasonable determination of the basic medical insurance level, improve the medical insurance relationship transfer and continuation measures. We will improve the unemployment insurance system and gradually raise the level of unemployment insurance. Scientifically formulate minimum living standard and gradually expand the coverage of minimum living standard. We will build a unified social insurance public service platform and promote the "all-in-one card" service management mode with social security cards as carriers.
(25) Improve the pension service system. We will speed up the construction of a home-based, community-based, institution-supplemented and medical-nursing service system for the aged. We will steadily push forward the reform and construction of public pension institutions, fully liberalize the pension service market, actively guide social capital into the pension service industry, expand the effective supply of pension services in the western region, and explore the establishment of a long-term care security system. We will increase support for the construction of pension service facilities, strengthen the construction and management of support service institutions for the rural poor, and steadily improve the ability to support the bottom and the quality of services. The implementation of pension service professional personnel training and other projects.
(26) Strengthen public cultural and sports services. We will improve the network of public cultural service facilities, strengthen the use of digital technology, and promote the integration and innovation of cultural projects benefiting the people, as well as the upgrading of archives. We will promote the construction of county-level financial media centers, promote household access to radio and television, and establish and improve emergency broadcasting platforms and transmission coverage networks. Encourage the development of mass sports, including traditional sports of ethnic minorities. We will strengthen the construction of public stadiums and gymnasiums and promote the opening of relevant stadiums and
(27) Improve housing security conditions. We will improve the subsidy standards for classification and classification, and increase preferential support for subsidy funds for renovation of dilapidated buildings in rural areas. Encourage the replacement of idle rural housing or long-term lease to solve the basic housing safety problem of the rural poor. We will implement the relocation policy for poverty alleviation and improve the supporting infrastructure and public service facilities in resettlement areas. Actively improve the living conditions of urban families with housing difficulties of lower-middle income and below, newly employed workers without housing and migrant workers without housing who have stable employment in cities and towns.
(28) To enhance the ability of disaster prevention and mitigation and emergency management. We will promote the construction of disaster prevention, mitigation and relief capabilities at the grassroots level in urban and rural areas in the western region, improve the technical standard system for comprehensive risk assessment of accidents and disasters, and promote comprehensive risk assessment of accidents and disasters and investigation and management of hidden dangers. According to the actual situation in the western region, we will promote the implementation of capacity-building projects such as disaster risk prevention and control, monitoring and early warning, emergency rescue, information service guarantee, disaster relief material reserve, scientific and technological support for disaster prevention and mitigation, publicity and education, etc. The implementation of earthquake-prone areas housing facilities reinforcement project. We will promote the construction of a joint command platform for disaster emergency rescue in the western region and establish a mechanism for sharing emergency rescue resources and joint disposal. We will build scientific and technological innovation teams, experimental bases and platforms for disaster prevention, mitigation and relief that meet the needs of the western region. To speed up the improvement of the professional technical equipment level of key rescue teams.
VII. Strengthen policy support and organizational guarantee
(29) Classification assessment. Referring to the comprehensive evaluation index of high-quality development and the evaluation index of sub-fields, and according to the different regional characteristics of the western region, the assessment contents and indexes with different emphases and characteristics are set up to implement differentiated assessment. In-depth study and formulation of specific measures for classified assessment.
(30) Fiscal and tax support. We will steadily and orderly push forward the reform of income distribution between the central and local governments. In the distribution of general transfer payments and special transfer payments in various fields, the central government continues to implement differentiated subsidies and increase preferential support to the western region by increasing the allocation coefficient of funds, raising subsidy standards or reducing the proportion of local financial investment. Considering the fact that key ecological functional areas account for a large proportion in the western region, we will continue to increase the transfer payments from the central government to key ecological functional areas and improve the method of fund calculation and allocation. Considering the fact that the western region is generally weak in financial resources, we will increase the support of local government bonds for infrastructure construction and include the general transfer payment income from the central government into the calculation of the financial bearing capacity of local governments. To guide and promote the division of financial powers and expenditure responsibilities below the provincial level, and to mobilize the enthusiasm of cities and counties. The preferential income tax policies for encouraged industrial enterprises located in the western region will continue to be implemented after expiration. Giving the western region the qualification of general VAT taxpayers for enterprises within the special customs supervision areas that have the conditions and needs. For self-use equipment imported within the total investment of encouraged industrial projects in the western region, customs duties shall be exempted within the scope prescribed by the policy.
(31) Financial support. We will support commercial finance and cooperative finance to better serve the development of the western region. We will guide financial institutions to increase their financing support for small and micro enterprises in the western region. We will implement regulatory policies such as non-repayment of principal and renewal of loans, due diligence and exemption from liability, and increase support for eligible small and micro enterprises in the western region to renew loans under the premise of overall controllable risks. We will guide and encourage banking financial institutions to rationally allocate credit resources and increase support for poverty alleviation industries in poor areas in the west. Support light asset real economy enterprises or projects to finance in an appropriate way. Increase the supply of green finance and promote the green transformation and upgrading of the western region's economy. In accordance with the law and regulations, we will explore the establishment of a financing risk sharing mechanism for infrastructure in the western region.
(32) Industrial policies. We will implement an industrial policy that combines negative lists with catalogues of encouraged industries to improve the accuracy and fineness of policies. On the basis of implementing the national unified negative list of market access, the catalogue of encouraged industries in the western region will be dynamically adjusted to adapt to the classified assessment policy. Revise the Catalogue of Foreign Investment Advantages in the Central and Western Regions in due course and make dynamic adjustments. We will continue to improve the industrial transfer guidance policy and update the industrial transfer guidance catalogue in due course. We will increase the support of the central government for the investigation and evaluation of natural resources in the western region. The natural resources investigation plan will give priority to projects in the western region. All energy and resource development and utilization projects that have the conditions to be processed and converted locally in the western region will be supported to give priority to local layout and construction and approval. Encourage newly established central enterprises and their branches in the western region to register locally. Appropriately reduce the social insurance rate to ensure that the overall burden on enterprises will not be increased.
(33) Land use policy. We will continue to implement the differentiated land use policy, further tilt the new construction land index to the western region, and reasonably increase the development and construction index of unused land such as barren hills, sandy land and Gobi. We will strengthen land security for short-board projects in the infrastructure sector. We will support the construction of an open platform in the western region. We will give preferential support to the construction land needed for the industrial development of national-level new zones and development zones in utilizing foreign capital, as well as key development and opening experimental zones, border economic cooperation zones and cross-border economic cooperation zones. We will promote inter-provincial transfers of cultivated land indicators and urban and rural construction land indicators under the overall management of the state.
(34) Talent policy. Efforts should be made to train a loyal, clean and responsible contingent of high-quality cadres in the western region, pay attention to the selection of professional talents that meet the needs of the western region, and establish and improve the system and mechanism conducive to attracting, encouraging and retaining talents. We will implement and improve the preferential wage policy, combine the reform of public institutions, and encourage and guide personnel of government agencies and institutions, especially grassroots civil servants, teachers, medical personnel, scientific and technological personnel, to take root in the west. Encourage qualified enterprises to implement medium and long-term incentives such as equity incentives and dividends. Professional, technical and managerial personnel of state-owned enterprises and institutions are allowed to take part-time jobs in the western region in accordance with relevant regulations and obtain legal remuneration. Retired public officials are allowed to start businesses in the western region according to relevant regulations.
(35) Assistance policies. We will carry out in-depth counterpart support to Tibetan areas in Xinjiang, Tibet, Qinghai and other provinces, as well as counterpart support to Guizhou. We will continue to implement targeted assistance from the central and state organs, enterprises and institutions. Support the army to give full play to its advantages and actively participate in the development of the western region. Promote the United Front to Continue to Support the Reform and Development of Bijie Pilot Area. Encourage eastern and central cities to help border cities train urgently needed management and technical personnel. Encourage enterprises to help poor counties (villages) in pairs. We will further promote the selection of outstanding cadres from the central and state organs and the eastern region to take temporary positions in the western region, and pay attention to the promotion and use of outstanding cadres who have made outstanding contributions in the western region. Continue to do a good job in the counterpart training of civil servants.
(36) Organizational guarantee. We will strengthen the Party's leadership over the development of the western region and strengthen the leading role of Party organizations at all levels in promoting the development of the western region to form a new pattern. We will strengthen the construction of grass-roots party organizations, improve the organizational system led by party organizations, strive to enhance the organizational strength of grass-roots party organizations, and guide the majority of party members and cadres to play a vanguard and exemplary role in the development of the western region. Encourage cadres to take on responsibilities and encourage creative implementation. The leading group for the development of the western region of the State Council should strengthen overall planning and guidance. All member units and relevant departments should carry out their respective duties, compact their responsibilities, cooperate closely and work together to formulate supporting policies and measures and promote their implementation. The National Development and Reform Commission should earnestly assume the responsibilities of the Office of the Leading Group for the Development of the Western Region of the State Council, timely evaluate the implementation of policies, and play a good role in supervising and promoting the implementation. Party committees and governments at all levels in the western region should earnestly assume the main responsibility, take the initiative to do solid work, formulate specific measures to implement this opinion in combination with the actual situation in the region, and unite and lead the cadres and the masses to earnestly implement various tasks. We should effectively solve the formalist problems that plague the grassroots and let grassroots cadres in the western region free up more energy to do practical work. The eastern and central regions and all sectors of society should continue to support and participate in the development of the western region.
Under the strong leadership of the Party Central Committee with Comrade Xi Jinping at the core, Strengthen the "four consciousnesses", strengthen the "four self-confidence", achieve the "two maintenance", earnestly implement the decision-making arrangements of the CPC Central Committee and the State Council, emancipate the mind, forge ahead with determination, deepen reform, solve contradictions, accelerate the establishment of a more effective new mechanism for coordinated regional development, and promote the development of the western region with greater efforts and stronger measures to form a new pattern.