People’s governments of various districts, cities and counties, administrative committees of pilot districts, relevant departments of Dalian municipal government and relevant units:
In order to further speed up the construction of urban rail transit, improve the network operation level of urban rail transit, and promote the sustainable development of urban rail transit, with the consent of the municipal government, the following opinions are put forward.
I. General Requirements
1. We should fully understand the significance of urban rail transit construction. It is a comprehensive urban infrastructure project, is an inevitable choice to effectively alleviate traffic congestion and solve the problem of mass travel, is an important measure to promote energy conservation and emission reduction, promote the green development of the city, is the key link to optimize the urban spatial layout, enhance urban functions and accelerate the process of urban modernization. Dalian should fully understand the importance, necessity, and urgency of giving priority to construction and speeding up the development of urban rail transit, firmly establish the concept that “To build a subway is to build a city, and to build a subway will lead the development of the city”, promote the inclination of various resources to rail transit, and fully support the construction of urban rail transit.
2. We should grasp basic principles of urban rail transit construction. The construction of rail transit adheres to the principles of people-oriented, priority construction, resource integration and innovation-driven. First, it is necessary to adhere to the people-oriented, the needs of the people and provide a complete function, safe operation, comfortable ride, service-oriented rail transit tools effectively combined, optimized design, fine construction. Second, we should give priority to the construction of rail transit projects, prioritize the construction of urban infrastructure, the construction plan, the guarantee of construction funds, and the construction of urban supporting facilities. Third, it is necessary to adhere to the integration of resources, mobilize the enthusiasm of all parties, form a city-wide force, fully tap, concentrate, integrate and utilize all kinds of resources, and effectively promote the construction of rail transit. Fourth, we should adhere to innovation-driven, adhere to science and technology in the construction of rail transit pilot, promote financing innovation, organizational innovation, construction innovation, operational innovation, make a new road of rail transit construction and development in line with Dalian’s conditions.
3. We should know main objectives and tasks of urban rail transit construction. In the central urban area, it is necessary to increase the density of rail transit network, strengthen transfer and connection, improve the bearing capacity of public transport mainly based on rail transit. In the surrounding areas, we will speed up the construction of rail transit networks, encourage the development of subway towns, and guide the functions, industries, and population of central urban areas to the surrounding areas. In 2020, a “four longitudinal and two horizontal” rail transit network will be built in the central urban area, and a urban public transport system will be initially formed with rail transit as the framework and conventional public transport as the main body. In 2049, the whole city’s rail transit network will form a “multi-mode and one-piece” rail transit network, connecting various cluster hubs, adopting multi-line and multi-point transfer with the central urban rail network, and constructing an integrated urban transportation system with rail transit as the framework, rapid transit, conventional transit and other modes of transportation, so as to improve the operation efficiency of the whole city. We should realize the coverage of high-density rail transit in the central urban area, complete the horizontal “two wings” rail transit link line, and the urban rail transit coverage of more than 50,000 people in the urban area reached 100%, drive the development of the whole region of “one-axle two-wing and two-core seven-node” urbanization. It is necessary to realize the urban spatial layout, support the key urban construction, ease the contradiction between traffic supply and demand, enhance the external radiation of the city, provide support for Dalian as an international shipping center in Northeast Asia, an international logistics center, an international trade center and a regional financial center, and give full play to Dalian’s “leading” radiation role in Liaoning coastal economic belt.
II. Strengthening the Planning and Overall Planning of Rail Transit Construction
4. We should strengthen the connection and coordination of rail transit network planning, construction planning and urban master planning, as well as special plans such as urban comprehensive transportation planning, land use master planning and underground space construction planning. It is necessary to plan the supporting infrastructure and public transit network, reserve zero transfer interfaces between urban rail transit and other modes of transportation, such as airport, railway, long-distance passenger transport and urban public transit, and synchronize the design, construction and operation.
5. According to the urban master plan and the control detailed plan, the land along the rail transit line and around the station should be controlled effectively to realize the function of the central urban area and population dispersal, optimize the development intensity and intensive utilization around the station moderately, and develop the land along the rail transit line, especially the station and around the station comprehensively.
6. We should plan the underground space construction along the rail transit. The underground space is divided into three layers: shallow, middle and deep. The right to use the underground space construction land can be transferred in different layers, and the middle layer space should be given priority to ensure the use of rail transit. For the ground land and underground space that can be implemented synchronously with the construction of the site and station, it is necessary to construct the ground land and underground space according to the cluster development mode, and realize the vertical stratified and three-dimensional comprehensive development, the horizontal related space which is connected with each other, the underground traffic wihch is connected with the underground shopping mall, and the ground buildings which are coordinated with the underground engineering. The supporting facilities of the underground space along the urban rail transit shall be included in the overall management of the rail transit project. The construction of underground traffic arteries such as subways and supporting underground projects should take into account the needs of civil air defense. For the newly-built non-municipal and public facilities and existing buildings that conflict with the rail transit construction project, coordination and treatment should be carried out according to the principle of giving priority to the rail transit construction.
III. Supporting the comprehensive development of rail transit stations and surrounding land
7. We should give full play to the role of urban rail transit TOD (public transport-oriented), focuse on rail transit stations, and implement the comprehensive development of rail transit stations and surrounding land in accordance with the development mode of “track plus property”. On the basis of giving priority to the traffic function, it is necessaty to fully tap the potential of underground and aboveground space, through composite design, three-dimensional development, function integration means to enhance the comprehensive service function of the station complex.
8. We should take the rail transit station as the core, delimit the planning and control scope of the two areas, and form the integrated planning and design scheme of the rail transit station and its surrounding areas such as function, land use, landscape, traffic and commerce. In principle, the 300-meter area of depot, parking lot, station and its land shall be designated as the core area of comprehensive development of rail transit station (hereinafter referred to as the core area), and the specific area outside the core area shall be designated as the comprehensive development planning area of rail transit station (hereinafter referred to as the planning area). The land transfer fee in the core area is fully injected into the subway group after deducting the cost of government collection and storage, so as to support the development of rail transit.
9. Priority is given to the use of land in the core area for functional construction needs such as stations, tracks, depots and urban public transport. According to the relevant planning, when the surrounding conditions permit, the natural resources department should carry out a special study on the land development strategy of the core area and the urban form design around the key stations according to the principle of “vigorously developing the superstructure property upward and efficiently utilizing the underground space downward”. The land in the planning area is used to establish the urban functional area integrating traffic, commerce, culture, education and residence, optimize the urban layout and realize the social and economic benefits.
10. If the land for the construction of rail transit facilities conforms to the List of Allocated Land, the land shall be supplied in accordance with the allocation method. The periphery of the rail transit facilities and the structure of the rail transit facilities are inseparable, and the engineering projects that should be planned, designed and constructed shall be unified. The administrative departments in charge of development, reform, planning and construction shall, in consultation with the Metro Group, put forward the planning and construction conditions, and provide land in accordance with the allocation method in the List of Allocated Land . Operating projects shall be sold through bidding, auction and listing (the relevant regulations on subway operation land issued by the State shall be implemented in accordance with the State regulations), and the use right of state-owned construction land shall be transferred through bidding, auction and listing.
11. For the land parcels along the rail transit that have not been developed on a large scale, on the basis of satisfying the land use in the core area and the planned area, the surplus land around the parcel shall be included in the land reserve to the maximum extent. It is necessaty to promote the development and construction of subway towns, rely on rail transit to guide the population and industry to the surrounding areas of the city, optimize the layout of the urban structure, and promote the rapid development of the surrounding areas of the city.
IV. Strengthening the Raising and Management of Rail Transit Construction Funds
12. Funds for the construction of rail transit shall be borne jointly by Dalian Municipal Finance Bureau at the corresponding level and the governments of the districts along the railway (the Administrative Committee) at the two levels, and the specific proportion of such funds shall be determined by the municipal government. The construction funds undertaken by the governments (management committees) of the areas along the route shall be borne in proportion to the mileage within their respective jurisdictions, and the construction funds shall be shared in proportion to the mileage for such shared projects as depots, parking lots and control centers.
13. Sources of funding for rail transit construction:
(1) The special funds for rail transit construction and development allocated by budget from Dalian Municipal Finance Bureau shall be no less than RMB 2 billion yuan each year, and the special funds may be further increased according to the project requirements;
(2) Construction funds undertaken by the governments (management committees) of the areas along the route;
(3) Special subsidies for urban rail transit construction provided by the state, ministries and commissions and provinces.
14. We should establish a long-term mechanism for funding operations and maintenance. In order to ensure the safety and sustainable development of urban rail transit operation, Dalian Municipal Finance Bureau should establish the subsidy method of urban rail transit cost regulation in combination with the actual situation of our city, so as to ensure the necessary operation and maintenance funds.
15. At the end of each year, the Metro Group calculates the construction fund requirements for the following year according to the determined project implementation plan, and submits them to Dalian Municipal Development and Reform Commission for approval. After approval by Dalian Municipal Government, Dalian Municipal Finance Bureau allocates the construction fund to the Metro Group according to the construction progress.
V. Organization and Implementation of Rail Transit Construction
16. Dalian Municipal Development and Reform Commission and Dalian Bureau of Natural Resources shall work out the rail transit network plan and the short-term construction plan of the rail transit at the right time, and make clear the time sequence of the rail transit line construction. The Metro Group shall promptly organize the preparation of the feasibility study report and the application for approval of the project, speed up the preliminary design, construction drawing design and other pre-work progress, reduce design changes, and control the investment in the project. Relevant departments, property rights units and project archives management organizations shall actively cooperate with each other in providing pipeline and facility archives.
17. Dalian Bureau of Natural Resources shall, in accordance with national laws and regulations, make a good job of comprehensive utilization of land along rail transit lines. The comprehensive development project of rail transit station and surrounding land and the construction project of rail transit facilities shall be studied, planned and designed synchronously. Special problems encountered in the development process may be submitted to the municipal government for approval through the “one-thing-one-discussion” method.
18. Land requisition, demolition and resettlement work in rail transit is based on the principle of “localization”. The governments (administrative committees) of the districts along the railway line are responsible for land requisition, demolition and resettlement work, which is implemented in accordance with land requisition, demolition and resettlement policies and regulations. The funds needed for land requisition, demolition and resettlement shall be implemented by the Metro Group.
19. The Bureau of Housing and Urban-Rural Development of Dalian is responsible for coordinating the resolution of the main problems in the process of rail transit construction. It is necessary to do a good job in the examination and approval of rail transit project construction procedures and implement the main responsibility for the quality and safety supervision of subway construction projects. Dalian Bureau of Transportation should implement the main responsibility of quality and safety supervision of rail transit construction projects outside the subway.
20. Dalian Bureau of Transportation shall improve the conventional public transport network around the optimization of rail transit, and implement supporting measures such as the construction of public transport hubs and stations around the subway, and the adjustment and optimization of public transport lines. Metro Group is responsible for the construction and operation management of P plus R (Park plus Transfer) parking lot matching with rail transit, so as to synchronize the design, construction and operation of rail transit station and P plus R parking lot.
21. That Metro group shall strictly implement the primary responsibility of the construction unit and the main responsibility of each participating unit, strictly implement the legal person responsibility system for construction project, the bidding system and the project supervision system, and strictly carry out the design, construction and management in accordance with the national laws, regulations and technical standards of the industry, so as to ensure the high quality and efficiency of the rail transit project. It is necessary to establish a safety guarantee system, implement the responsibility system for safe production, perfect the safety production early warning and emergency guarantee mechanism, establish a dynamic safety management and monitoring system for the construction process, strictly control the major risk sources, and ensure the construction safety. The governments (management committees) of all districts along the line shall bear the main responsibility for the control of social stability risks, and timely prevent and defuse the risks.
22. The Metro Group shall promptly and comprehensively identify and manage the risk points of rail transit construction projects, strengthen the prior management, and focus on the prevention and control of risks. It is necessary to establish a risk prevention and emergency mechanism for rail transit projects, formulate emergency plans for emergencies in rail transit construction, incorporate them into the emergency management system of the municipal government, and carry out regular emergency rescue drills.
23. The Metro Group is responsible for organizing the acceptance of the branch, sub-item and units of the rail transit project, and the relevant responsible departments shall carry out the special acceptance work in a timely manner. Dalian Bureau of Transportation is responsible for organizing the pre-operation safety assessment before the opening of the new line, and issuing the pre-operation safety assessment opinions for the new line.