The People's Governments of each district, city and county, the administrative committees of each pilot zone, relevant departments of the Municipal Government and relevant units:
With the approval of the Municipal Government, the "Implementation Plan of Dalian Pollutant Emission Control Permit System" is hereby printed and distributed to you. Please implement it conscientiously.
Dalian Municipal People's Government General Office
on October 19, 2018
Implementation Plan of Dalian Pollutant Emission Control Permit System
In order to promote the reform of the basic system of environmental governance and further improve the environmental quality, this plan is formulated in accordance with the Notice of the General Office of the State Council on Printing and Distributing the Implementation Plan for Pollutant Emission Control Permit System ( Distributed by the State Council [ 2016 ] No. 81 ) and the Notice of the Liaoning Provincial People's Government General Office on Printing and Distributing the Implementation Plan for Liaoning Province Pollutant Emission Control Permit System (Distributed by Liaoning Provincial People's Government General Office [ 2017 ] No. 12 ), combined with the actual situation in the city.
Ⅰ. The Work Goal
To fully implement the spirit of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China, the second and third Plenary Sessions of the 19th Conference and the National Conference on Ecological Environment Protection, implement the State Council's reform requirements of the ecological civilization system, strengthen the responsibility of polluters by promoting the control of pollutant emission permit system and gradually build an environmental governance system led by the government, with enterprises as the main body, social organizations and the public participating together. By 2020, the issuance of pollutant emission permits covering all fixed sources of pollution will be completed, various environmental management systems will be streamlined, rationally and organically linked, as the main body—the enterprises and institutions shall implement their own responsibilities , basically establish a pollutant emission permit system with complete legal system, scientific technical system and efficient management system, implement the whole process and multi-pollutant cooperative control for fixed sources of pollution, and realize systematic, scientific, legal, refined and information-based "one certificate" management.
Ⅱ. The Basic Principles
Territorial responsibility, division of labor and cooperation. Strengthen the overall management of the city's pollutant emission permit, the Municipal Environmental Protection Bureau is responsible for guiding and supervising the implementation of the pollutant emission permit system, and take the lead in linking up the system before the completion of the environmental protection "vertical management" reform. The territorial governments (the Administrative Committee) are responsible for the organization and implementation of the pollutant emission permit system within their respective jurisdictions.
Clear responsibilities and strengthened supervision. Strengthen the main responsibility of environmental protection of enterprises and institutions, enterprises and institutions apply for pollutant emission permits according to law, discharge pollutants according to certificates, abide by laws, strengthen self-discipline and norms, and consciously abide by environmental management requirements. The environmental protection departments issued pollutant emission permits according to law, focusing on strengthening supervision during and after the incident, and severely cracking down on illegal activities such as unlicensed and non-licensed pollutant emission according to law.
Simplification and efficiency, smooth connection. Strengthen the status of pollutant emission permit system as the core system of environmental management for fixed sources of pollution. Do a good job in coordinating with other environmental management systems, and further integrate information of sources of pollution, provide unified pollutant emission data for environmental tax collection, environmental statistics, pollutant emission right trading and other works, form a regulatory force, improve management efficiency, reduce reduplicative reporting and reduce the burden on enterprises and institutions.
Ⅲ. The Main Tasks
1. Cohesion and integration of relevant environmental management systems. Reform the total amount control system of pollutant emission. We will implement the requirements for controlling the total amount of pollutants discharged by enterprises and institutions, gradually realize the change from controlling the total amount of pollutant emission by administrative regions to controlling the total amount of pollutant emission by enterprises and institutions, and gradually unify the scope of control to fixed sources of pollution. In areas where environmental quality is not up to standards, environmental quality compliance planning should be formulated, and stricter total pollutant emissions control should be implemented for enterprises and institutions through measures such as raising emission standards or tightening permitted emissions to promote improvement of environmental quality.
Linking up the environmental impact assessment system. For industries included in the pollutant emission permit management, new projects must apply for a pollutant emission permit before actual pollutant emission occurs. The main contents related to pollutant emission in the environmental impact assessment documents and replies shall include the pollutant emission permit, and the implementation of the pollution emission permit shall be used as an important basis for the acceptance of construction projects and the post-environmental impact assessment.
Integration of environmental tax, environmental statistics, trading of pollutant emission right and other systems. The actual pollutant emissions of enterprises and institutions that have implemented pollutant emission permits in their daily management of pollutant emission permits is the main basis for the tax authorities to levy environmental taxes and the pollutant emission units to submit environmental statistics. Gradually incorporate solid waste, noise, etc. into the management of pollutant emission permits.
Strengthen the information management of pollutant emission permits. Relying on the national pollutant emission permit management information platform to promote the relevant work of the pollutant emission permit system. According to the management needs, the pollutant permit management system of the city compatible with the national pollutant emission permit management information platform will be built in due course.
2. Step by step to achieve full coverage of the pollutant emission permit.
By the end of 2020, the issuance of pollutant emission permits will be completed in accordance with the requirements of the Catalogue of Classified Management of Pollutant Emission Permit for Fixed Sources of Pollution. Each territorial government shall, in accordance with the requirements of the Catalogue of Classified Management of Pollutant Emission Permit for Fixed Sources of Pollution, investigate and master the list of enterprises and institutions within its jurisdiction that should be included in the management of pollutant emission permit, formulate annual work plans, and organize and urge relevant units to apply for and obtain pollutant emission permits on time.
Before the completion of the "vertical management" reform of the ecological environment system, the territorial environmental protection departments shall review the application for the pollutant emission permit and issue it in the name of the Municipal Environmental Protection Bureau. The Municipal Environmental Protection Bureau is responsible for guidance and supervision, and can select some pollutant emission units to issue directly according to the actual situation. The environmental protection departments shall issue the pollutant emission permits based on the national pollutant emission permit management information platform in strict accordance with the "Management Measures for Pollutant Emission Permit (Trial) "Catalogue of Classified Management of Pollutant Emission Permit for Fixed Sources of Pollution and the supporting technical specifications of industrial pollutant emission permit. If the local government has stricter emission control requirements for enterprises and institutions in its environmental quality compliance plan within a time limit and response measures of heavy pollution weather, it should be specified in the pollutant emission permits.
3. Strictly implement the environmental protection responsibility of enterprises and institutions.
To strengthen the responsibility of polluters, all enterprises and institutions included in the pollutant emission permit management must discharge pollutants with certificates on schedule and according to certificates, and shall not discharge pollutants without certificates. Enterprises and institutions shall promptly apply for and obtain a pollutant discharge permit, submit application materials according to relevant laws, regulations, standards and technical regulations, declare the types and concentrations of pollutant emission, measure and declare pollutant emissions, and bear legal responsibility for the authenticity, accuracy and completeness of the application materials, and promise to undertake to discharge pollutants in accordance with the provisions of the pollutant emission permit and strictly implement it. Implement pollutant emission control measures and other environmental management requirements to ensure that the types, concentrations and emissions of pollutants meet the licensing requirements. Clarify the responsibility of the person in charge of the unit and related personnel for environmental protection, continuously improve the level of pollution control and environmental management, and consciously accept supervision and inspection; To carry out self-monitoring according to law, establish an environmental management journal account, truthfully report to the environmental protection departments the implementation of the pollutant emission permit, disclose pollutant emission data to the public according to law and be responsible for the authenticity of the data, and report to the environmental protection departments in a timely manner if the pollutant emission does not conform to the requirements of the pollutant emission permit.
4. Strengthen supervision and management.
Strictly carry out supervision and law enforcement according to the certificate. Focus on checking the implementation of licensing matters, verify the authenticity of emission data and reports by means of monitoring of law enforcement and verification of journal accounts, determine whether the pollutant emission is up to standards, and verify the emissions. Verify whether there is any discrepancy in approval of construction, deliberate concealment and fraud. After the first issue of the pollutant emission permit, the inspection shall be carried out in a timely manner. If there is any violation record, the inspection frequency should be increased. For seriously polluted enterprises in industries with overcapacity, increase the frequency of law enforcement and punishment, then promote the work of eliminating overcapacity. Severely punish non-permit pollutant emission and discharging pollutants inconsistent with the permit, and investigate for criminal responsibility according to law if the case constitutes a crime. The time, contents, results and penalty decisions of on-site inspection shall be recorded in the pollutant emission permit management information system and relevant platforms.
A variety of means to strengthen supervision. Explore and introduce the scoring supervision mechanism of pollutant emission permit and discharging pollutants by swiping card system to guide pollutant emission units to consciously abide by the law. Carry out credit evaluation of environmental behavior of enterprises in the industries included in the pollutant emission permit management. For illegal enterprises and their related personnel, various disciplinary measures such as credit restrictions, restrictions on market access, cessation of preferential policies, restrictions on appraisal and commendation, compulsory cleaner production audits, etc. will be implemented according to law and published in the media. Encourage the public to report the non-permit and illegal pollutant emission.
Ⅳ Security Measures
1. Strengthen organization and lead. All regions should attach great importance to the implementation of the pollutant emission permit system, unify the thinking, raise awareness, clarify the goals and tasks, formulate specific plans to promote the pollutant emission permit system in accordance with local conditions, and ensure that enterprises and institutions included in the pollutant emission permit management apply for and obtain the pollutant emission permits within the time limit. The implementation of the pollutant emission permit system will be included in the environmental protection supervision and government performance appraisal, and those who fail to implement it will be accountable.
2. Improve the technical support system. Improve the technical system of pollutant emission permit implementation and supervision and law enforcement, guide enterprises and institutions to do their own monitoring, journal account records, implementation reports, information disclosure and other works, and standardize the verification of journal accounts and on-site law enforcement of environmental protection departments. Through various means such as government purchase of services, the governments have introduced the technical force of social professional institutions to participate in the issuance of pollutant emission permits and the technical review of the implementation reports and records of journal accounts of pollutant emission units. Encourage pollutant emission units to employ professional environmental protection service companies as "environmental housekeepers" to provide integrated environmental protection services for pollutant emission permit application and post-permit management.
3. Carry out publicity and training. All regions should step up publicity on the pollutant emission permit system, do a good job in interpreting the system and respond to social concerns in a timely manner. Organize professional training. Strengthen the main responsibility of the local governments for environmental protection, establish the awareness of enterprises and institutions to discharge pollutants with certificates, and guide the public to better participate in monitoring the pollutant emission of enterprises and institutions in an orderly manner, so as to create a good atmosphere of comprehensive government control, enterprises abiding by laws and regulations and joint supervision by the society.