The People's Government of each district and county, management committee of each pilot area, offices of each municipal government, various agencies and units concerned:
The "Promotion of Dalian City“ Toilet Revolution ”Implementation Scheme (2018-2020)" has been deliberated and passed in the 20th Meeting of the 16th People's Government of Dalian, and is hereby printed and distributed to you. Please implement it carefully.
General Office of Dalian Municipal People's Government
October 12, 2018
Implementation Scheme of Dalian Promotion “Toilet Revolution”
In order to deeply implement the instructions of the General Secretary Xi Jinping on the work of the toilet revolution and the Circular of the General Office of the People's Government of Liaoning Province on Printing and Distributing the Implementation Plan for Promoting the Toilet Revolution in Liaoning Province by 2018-2020 (Conducted and released by the Local Government of Liaoning No. 36), we should effectively promote all the work of the toilet revolution, and formulate this implementation plan in combination with the actual situation of our city.
I. Overall requirements
1. Guiding ideology.
"Based on the CHINESE CHARACTERISTICS of socialist ideology in the new era of Xi Jinping, comprehensively implement the spirit of the Party's 19th and 19th Second Middle School and the Third Plenary Session of the Central Committee. We shall comprehensively promote the overall layout of the “pentachlorophenol” and coordination the promotion “Four-round” strategy layout," Continue to implement the new development and four great efforts, three promotion . In accordance with two of the General Secretary Xi Jinping's “toilet revolutions" instructions, and put“ toilet revolution ”as a specific measure to implement the strategy of rural rejuvenation and an important people's livelihood project, ecological engineering and civilized project. Improving the quality of toilet service as a means, establishing the government's push, department cooperation and universal participation for the purpose of improving the quality of toilet services are what we should concern. Urban and rural overall planning work mechanism, comprehensively improving urban and rural living environment, and speed up Dalian's“ Two special areas with the priority of been reformed first" customer power information gathering system, which will help Dalian to make preparations for the development in the future.
2. Basic principle.
Give classification guidance according to local conditions .Taking the development level of each region, and the difference between urban and rural areas into account. The scientific and reasonable choice of the method of toilet revolution, combined with the existing toilet quantity, layout and the demand of the masses, using concentrated force to solve the prominent problem.
Planning and guiding, do overall arrangement scientifically. Scheme public convenience layout according to industry standard, region population distribution, industry status and public toilet use intensity. Make careful design and highlight people-oriented. Rural areas household toilet transformation shall adhere to the integrate and the whole village shall be promoted.
Attach equal importance to the construction and management, lifting the quality of service. Pay attention to ecology, energy efficiency, economic and utility, forming specification customer power information gathering system, and fining management and Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP) service mode. Establish and perfect relevant Regulation policy and manage strictly according to law. The public toilet signs guidelines shall be perfected, applying Internet, cloud platform, Large Data and other information means to make it convenient for the public toilet shall be used nearby.
Pay attention to practicality and avoid luxury. Toilet design and construction shall be in strict accordance with the requirements of relevant technical standards and codes, highlighting the practical functions such as clean environment, clean sanitation, convenience and convenience, and shall not be blindly chasing for large floor space and novel appearance, and shall not be divorced from the actual demand sheet to pursue luxury.
The government promotes the action while all of the citizens shall participate in. Strengthening the unified leadership of the governments at all levels, intensifying the division of labor cooperation of the departments, coordinating the scheme, and forming the resultant force and promote jointly is what we should consider for the first place. Strengthen the propaganda and guidance, lifting the whole people's consciousness, and create the atmosphere of joint creation, common maintenance and civilized construction.
3. Main objectives.
By 2020, we should basically realize the objective of the “Sufficient quantity, reasonable layout, management specification and civilized construction”by building, transforming, upgrading and opening new toilets.
1) Public toilets in cities and towns. By the end of 2020, a total of 431 public toilets will be built in the city in 3 years according to the plan, and 626 newly-built toilets (internal toilets in units) will be opened. Among them, there are 391 new transform public toilets in city (above county, same below), and 553 newly-built toilet openness, basically realizing 3-5 public toilets per square kilometer in built-up area; There are 40 new Transform public toilets in the township, and 73 newly-built toilet openness.
In 2018, there are 139 new Transform public toilets in city, and 206 newly-built toilets will be opened; There are 17 new Transform public toilets in the township, and 21 newly-built toilets for open. In 2019, there are 125 new Transform public toilets in the city, and 169 newly-built toilets in plan; There are 12 new Transform public toilets in the township, and 21 newly-built toilets on the list of open. In 2019, there are 127 new Transform public toilets in the city, and 178 newly-built toilet openness; There are 11 new Transform public toilets in the township, and 31 newly-built toilet openness.
(Leading unit: county government of each district, management committee of each pilot area, Urban Construction Bureau, Municipal Public Health Committee and City Committee for Patriotism and Health Supervision)
2) Travel toilets. By the end of 2020, the city plans to build 137 tourist toilets in the coming 3 years.
In 2018, there are 62 tourist toilets in customer power information gathering system, including 48 newly-built and 14 new extension. In 2019, there will be 38 customer power information gathering system tourist toilets in the city, including 28 newly-built and 10 new extension. In 2020, 37 tourist toilets will be constructed in the whole city, including 22 newly-built tourist toilets, including 15 newly-built tourist toilets.
(Leading unit: county government of each district, management committee of each pilot area, city tour development council)
3) Rural areas household toilets. By the end of 2020, the city's plan for 3 years to complete rural areas household toilets' transformation, the total number would be 40. 75 million seats.
In 2018, the total transform of rural areas household toilet is 8,150,000 (excluding 20,000 people with planned customer power information gathering system), and the popularizing rate of rural areas-free sanitary toilet in the whole city is up to 58%.In 2019, the Transform of rural areas household washroom shall be 16. 30,000, and the popularizing rate of rural areas-free sanitary toilet in the whole city shall reach 79%.In 2020, the rural household toilet reform shall be completed by 160,000, and the whole city shall basically complete the harmless transformation of rural household toilet.
(Leading unit: county government, management committee of each pilot area, municipal health counting committee, city Committee for Patriotism and Health Supervision, Municipal Agricultural Committee)
Ⅱ. Main Tasks
1. Advancing the construction of urban public toilets.
1) Increase quantity to make up shortage. Following the principle of "New districts should not lack public toilets, and old districts should make up the shortage", the construction of public toilets should be planned as a whole. All regions should further investigate and classify the status quo of urban public toilets and establish a file system and ledger management system for urban public toilets. The special environmental health plan should be prepared in accordance with the technical specifications such as Planning Specification of Urban Environmental Health Facilities (GB50377-2016) and Setting Standard of Environmental Health Facilities (CJJ27-2012). After being reviewed and approved by the municipal government, it should be incorporated into the detailed urban control plan.
The construction task should be divided according to the actual situation of public toilets in the region. A plan for public toilets construction and sharing in 2018-2020 should be formulated. The new public toilets in the old districts should be laid out scientifically. The square brick footpaths on both sides of the roads, public greenbelts and space under the bridges and ground should be rationally utilized. New environment-friendly public toilets and steel-structure public toilets should be added.
The sanitation department shall participate in the planning, design and acceptance of special facilities for environmental health according to laws. Based on the actual situation of regions, and in coordination with the renovation plan of shantytowns, the dry toilets, existing old and mobile public toilets will be gradually eliminated. At the same time, the public toilets with limited area, lacking squats, incomplete facilities and functions will be renovated or demolished and rebuilt step by step.
It is strictly forbidden to demolish the urban public toilets at will. Those that need to be removed due to the reconstruction of old districts and widening of roads should follow the principle of "demolish one, repair one; build nearby and optimize the service". Existing public toilets and floor area shall not be reduced. Public toilets should be set up in such places as both sides of main traffic arteries, traffic hubs, public buildings, large parks and greenbelts, and trade markets.
Except the factors of confidentiality and security, the internal toilets of government organs and public institutions at all levels should be the first free toilets to be open to the public. The internal toilets of hospitals, shopping malls, hotels, restaurants and other public service units shall be open to the public freely. We will encourage other units around urban streets to open their internal toilets to the public for free. The opening time of the toilet shall not be less than the business time. Administrative villages, with a large number of immigrant population who engage in rural hotels and tourism, shall construct public toilets as required.
(Leading units: all district, county and municipal governments, all pilot district administrative committees, Municipal Urban Construction Bureau; Cooperating units: Municipal Land and Housing Bureau, Municipal Planning Bureau, Municipal Transportation Bureau, Municipal Commerce Bureau, Municipal Health and Family Planning Commission, Municipal Aiwei Office, Municipal Tourism Development Commission)
2) Scientific design to improve quality. The design and construction of urban public toilets should highlight the practical functions of being cleaning, sanitary, convenient and comfortable, and avoid being luxury and unpractical. We will focus on improving the ability of public toilets to be open 24 hours a day. Limitations should be overcame as soon as possible for public toilets that are short of water, electricity and heating, so as to completely solve the problem that they cannot be used normally in winter.
We will implement the Design Standard for Urban Public Toilet (CJJ14-2016), and scientifically select and build fixed, steel-structure, mobile environmental-friendly and other type of toilets, combining independent type with attached type. We will standardize the size of toilet, and reasonably set the management room and tool room. The ratio of female toilet to male toilet in public toilets in places where people are concentrated is no less than 2:1. The ratio of female squats (seated) to male squats (seated or standing) in other public toilets is 3:2.
Qualified public toilets can install unisex toilets. The appearance and color design of public toilets should be in harmony with the surrounding environment. According to the Barrier-Free Design Specification (GB50763-2012), toilets for the elderly, children, the disabled and other special groups are designed and constructed, as well as other barrier-free facilities and equipment, such as blind lanes, wheelchair ramps and hand-grasping bars.
(Leading units: all district, county and municipal governments, all pilot district administrative committees, Municipal Urban Construction Bureau; Cooperating units: Municipal Disabled Persons Federation, Municipal Water Supply Group, State Grid Dalian Power Supply Company)
3) Fine management to improve service. We will improve the ledger system for public toilets, the property registration system for public toilets that has no ownership certificate (registration) due to historical reasons, and the property registration system for new-built (rebuilt, extended) public toilets. We will establish and perfect a fine management system for public toilets, including those in social units that are open to the public. We will implement the "Director System" management, listing services, and introduce systems on walls, and ensure that organs are held accountable at different levels, and responsibilities are delegated to individuals.
We will establish the cleaning service log to record the cleaning frequency, cleaning time, cleaning personnel, operation status of facilities and equipment and other information, so as to keep public toilets facilities and equipment intact. We will effectively strengthen the supervision of the operation of public toilets in densely populated public places such as transportation hubs, shopping malls, parks and squares, and strive to achieve the goal of keeping floors, walls, toilets, surrounding areas clean, maintaining the condition of no overflow, no mosquitoes and flies, no odor, and having access to water, electricity and lighting.
The basic information of public toilets around the city is incorporated into the "Urban Public Toilet Cloud Platform" system operated by the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development. The mobile APP "Urban Public Toilet Cloud Platform" and WeChat public account can be used to find the surrounding public toilets quickly and conveniently, and feedback the management service status through the online evaluation. We will further improve and update the physical guide signs of public toilets, make full use of public facilities such as lamp posts and traffic signs, and expand coverage and recognition of the public toilet guidance system, so as to fulfill the combination of the vertical guidance with ground guidance.
All competent departments should strengthen management of public toilets not in the charge of enterprises to ensure their normal use. All regions should formulate assessment mechanism for urban public toilets to achieve the closed-loop management process of inspection, feedback, coordination, disposal and supervision, so as to ensure that public toilets are frequently cleaned, checked and managed by people.
(Leading units: all district, county and municipal governments, all pilot district administrative committees, Municipal Urban Construction Bureau; Cooperating units: Municipal Transportation Bureau, Municipal Commerce Bureau, Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology)
4) Science and technology support to protect environment. New-built (rebuilt and extended) public toilets should meet the technical requirements of water saving, energy saving, environmental protection and ecology. We will accelerate the development and transformation of key technologies, strengthen the integration of industry, universities and research institutes, and develop targeted excreta treatment and disposal technologies and equipment suitable for cold regions in the north featured with low cost, low energy consumption, high efficiency, easy maintenance and resource utilization. We will carry out pilot and demonstration projects based on different conditions and types.
We will reserve mobile public toilets, improve emergency response capability and maintain public health and safety. (Leading units: all district, county and municipal governments, all pilot district administrative committees, Municipal Urban Construction Bureau; Cooperating units: Municipal Science and Technology Bureau, Municipal Environmental Protection Bureau)
2. Improve the quality of tourist toilets.
1）Launch construction and upgrading actions. The planning and design of tourist toilets should be implemented in strict accordance with urban and rural planning and the overall plan for land utilization and fully implemented the technical specification standards of Quality Classification and Evaluation of Tourist Toilets (GB/T18973-016). Toilets should be promoted to be distributed evenly and the government should cultivate "Toilet Revolution" as a demonstration project for the construction of tourism public service. More construction of tourist toilets should be constructed in low-income villages with tourism resources. We also have to accelerate the construction of the third toilets, and strive to gradually achieve full coverage in national, provincial-level tourist resorts, tourist attractions above 4A level and hot-spring tourism enterprises above 4 stars, and encourage the construction of the third toilets in A-classic tourist attractions and other tourist sites. (Leading units: district governments, country governments and municipal governments, administrative boards of pilot area and Dalian Tourism Development Commission; cooperating unit: Dalian Municipal Administration of State Land, Resources and Housing.)
2）Take actions to improve service quality. We can take use of different models to "build, arrange and maintain the toilets commercially", such as the PPP model, contract operation, sponsorship of large and medium-sized enterprises, the combination of enterprise capital contribution and government repurchase etc. And then it is a good way to establish and improve a scientific and effective management and maintenance system by encouraging to introduce specialized, collectivized and chain-operated toilet management companies. Exploration and innovation of the application of "Internet +" information technology will help to realize intelligent management. We encourage to establishment automatically convertible toilet seats for both men and women and set up women's special toilets, showing our humanistic concern. Additional mobile toilets should be set during the tourist season, major holidays and major festivals. (Leading units: district governments, country governments and municipal governments, administrative boards of pilot area and Dalian Tourism Development Commission; cooperating unit: Dalian Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology.)
3）Promote technology upgrading. In accordance with the requirements of Toilet Revolution: Technology and Equipment Guide, it is necessary to innovate the relevant technologies such as circulating water flushing, micro water flushing, vacuum punching, no water flushing, biodegradable foam and so on. In those areas with cold climate or without complete water system, biological treatment technology should be promoted to avoid environmental pollution. In the aspect of deodorization and sterilization, we should popularize electronic decomposition technology, photocatalyst and radiation sterilization technology. As for the toilet construction, we should promote the use of environmental friendly materials. (Leading units: district governments, country governments and municipal governments, administrative boards of pilot area and Dalian Tourism Development Commission; cooperating unit: Dalian Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology, Dalian Municipal Commission of Science and Technology.)
3. Stress harmless transformation of rural household toilet
1）Adjust measures to local conditions and promote them according to the different classifications. In villages covered by urban sewage pipe networks and in rural areas where sewage collection and procession systems are constructed, flush latrines should be promoted; in general rural areas, the three-grid septic tanks, double-urn-and-single-funnels latrines and other latrines, which are in line with national technical specifications, should be promoted. In principle, flushing toilets should be used in villages within the protection zones of key drinking water sources, and double pit alternating toilets should be promoted in those villages located in mountainous or water-deficient areas. We should encourage to increase the proportion of the construction of flush latrines, and advocate changing toilets in every family, so as to ensure its normal use in winter. (Leading units: district governments, country governments and municipal governments, administrative boards of pilot area, Dalian Municipal Commission of Health and Family Planning and Dalian Patriotic Health Campaign Committee; cooperating unit: Dalian Environmental Protection Agency and Dalian City Construction Bureau)
2）Set up demonstrations and examples to guide the improvement in whole village. It is necessary to actively explore the appropriate technology and model for household toilet construction and build a number of demonstration counties and demonstration villages in rural household toilet, which play a leading role in demonstration. (Leading units: district governments, country governments and municipal governments, administrative boards of pilot area, Dalian Municipal Commission of Health and Family Planning and Dalian Patriotic Health Campaign Committee; cooperating unit: Dalian Municipal Finance Bureau)
3）Strengthen cooperation and deal the waste and pollution simultaneously. The construction and transformation of rural household network should be implemented simultaneously with the control of waste and pollution. We should organize and compile standard atlas of rural toilet improvement and fecal sewage treatment facilities in different areas, and implement rational model to improve toilets. New household toilets in rural areas should meet the requirements of harmless treatment of excrement. And villagers should be guided to use the excrement after harmless and scientific treatment. What's more, the waste should be collected and transported in a unified way if it do not fully meet the standards of harmless treatment. (Leading units: district governments, country governments and municipal governments, administrative boards of pilot area, Dalian Municipal Commission of Health and Family Planning and Dalian Patriotic Health Campaign Committee; cooperating unit: Dalian Municipal Rural Economy Commission and Dalian Construction Commission)
Choose the appropriate sewage collection and treatment mode, in consideration of the location of the village, the number of farmers, the degree of settlement, economic conditions, management capacity and other factors. And rural toilet sewer network and sewage treatment facilities should be orderly constructed according to local conditions. (Leading units: district governments, country governments and municipal governments, administrative boards of pilot area, Dalian Environmental Protection Agency and Dalian City Construction Bureau; cooperating unit: Dalian Municipal Commission of Health and Family Planning and Dalian Patriotic Health Campaign Committee)
4）Strengthening management and maintenance simultaneously. In order to strengthen the management and maintenance of rural household toilets, governments should give more guidance on construction technology to improve the quality of management, which should be strictly implemented the toilet improvement process. And then, the maintenance and management of rural household toilets should be included in the contents of rural infrastructure construction at county level. For new (reformed) household toilet in related countries, cities and counties (pilot areas) should organize the involved villages to fill statistical tables and detail forms of household toilets, and keep them for reference. For the rural household toilets that have been built, it is necessary to check and repair them step by step and stage by stage, and to perform daily maintenance responsibly. (Leading units: district governments, country governments and municipal governments, administrative boards of pilot area, Dalian Municipal Commission of Health and Family Planning and Dalian Patriotic Health Campaign Committee)
1. Strengthen the organization and leadership. Each of governments of the district, county and city and the administrative committee of the pilot zone are the main forces of implementation and responsibility for promoting the “Toilet Revolution”. It is necessary to put this work on the agenda and we should establish coordination mechanism for carrying out the “Toilet Revolution”. It is very important that we should clarify the division of responsibilities and strengthen overall coordination. Besides, the main leaders should supervise by themselves and the leaders of each section should do pay more attention to the detail. We should study and formulate the work plan( from 2018 to 2020 ) of our region to promote the ”Toilet Revolution”, and the work plan should be submitted to the Municipal Commission of Agriculture by the end of the year. The Municipal Commission of Agriculture takes the lead in promoting the “Toilet Revolution” , the City Construction Bureau is responsible for promoting the “Toilet Revolution” work in the city, the Municipal Tourism Development Board is responsible for promoting the “Toilet Revolution” work of tourist attractions and holiday resorts, the Municipal Health and Family Planning Commission( the Municipal Patriotic Health Campaign Committee) is responsible for promoting the “Toilet Revolution” work in the rural areas, the Municipal Transportation Bureau is responsible for coordinating and supervising the construction and management of public toilets of national highways, the service stations, the urban bus stations, the passenger transport stations, etc., the Municipal Commerce Bureau is responsible for coordinating and supervising the construction and management of public toilets in large shopping malls and other commercial places, the Civil Aviation Dalian Safety Supervision and Management Bureau is responsible for coordinating and supervising the construction and management of the public toilets in the airports, the Dalian station of Shenyang Railway is responsible for coordinating and supervising the construction and management of public toilets in the railway stations, the City Tap Water Group, Dalian Power Supply Company of State Grid , and all thermal groups(companies) are responsible for opening “green channels” in their respective fields for supporting public toilets projects. Other relevant departments should carry out their duties in accordance with the division of responsibilities and cooperate with each other closely and promote the “Toilet Revolution” together.(Each of governments of the district, county and city , the administrative committee of the pilot zone ,each of relevant departments and units should carry out their own work according to the division of the responsibilities)
2. Raise funds through multiple channels. Each area should calculate the operating funds according to the levels and scale of public toilets and incorporate them into county-level financial overall plan to ensure the operating management costs. It is very important for us to actively seek special support from the state and establish multi-department consultation mechanism in accordance with the actual situation, so as to make overall use of special funds related to the “Toilet Revolution”. The units of scenic spots should arrange funds for the construction and operation of public toilets from the ticket revenues according to the regulations. It seems necessary to guide and encourage all kinds of social capital to join actively in the construction, operation, and service of public toilets. (Each of governments of the district, county and city, the administrative committee of the pilot zone, the Municipal Financial Bureau, the Municipal Commission of Agriculture, the Municipal Construction Bureau, the Municipal Tourism Development Board, the Municipal Health and Family Planning Commission, the Municipal Patriotic Health Campaign Committee, and the Municipal Development and Reform Commission should carry out their own work according to the division of the responsibilities.)
3. Strengthen policy support. It is very necessary for each area to pay more attention to protection of the toilet land. When newly building, rebuilding the toilet land and related facilities for harmless treatment of feces and need to increase construction land, you can collectively apply for it and go through the procedures uniformly according to the legal procedures. For projects in accordance with the related policies, the relevant departments can allocate allotted land to them. The pipe network supporting fee for public toilets shall be reduced or exempted according to the regulations. We will actively explore and give relevant preferential policies to the interior toilets that are officially opened. (Each of governments of the district, county and city, the administrative committee of the pilot zone, the Municipal Land and Housing Bureau, the Municipal Development and Reform Commission, the Municipal Financial Bureau, the Municipal Construction Bureau, the Municipal Commerce Bureau, and the Municipal Bureau of Water Affairs should carry out their own work according to the division of the responsibilities.)
4. Strengthen supervision and assessment. In addition, we will promote the “Toilet Revolution” to be incorporated in the performance appraisal of each of governments of the district, county and city and the administrative committee of the pilot zone. Meanwhile, it will also be used as the appraisal content for sanitation towns, health towns, eco-civilization demonstration areas, “Green Leaf Cup” competitions, the quality grade evaluation of tourist areas, etc. (The Municipal Commission of Agriculture, the Municipal Construction Bureau, the Municipal Health and Family Planning Commission, the Municipal Patriotic Health Campaign Committee, the Municipal Environmental Protection Agency, the Municipal Tourism Development Board should carry out their own work according to the division of the responsibilities.)
5.Strengthen publicity and education. Increase the propaganda of popular science and combine the Patriotic Sanitation Month, the World Toilet Day and other thematic activities so as to enhance the public awareness of civilized toilet use and strengthen students’ health education. Give full play of the advantages of Patriotic Sanitation Activity, and mobilize all forces to form a good atmosphere of the whole society to jointly promote the “Toilet Revolution”.( Each of governments of the district, county and city, the administrative committee of the pilot zone, the Municipal Bureau of Culture and Broadcasting, The Municipal Commission of Agriculture, the Municipal Construction Bureau, the Municipal Health and Family Planning Commission, the Municipal Patriotic Health Campaign Committee, the Municipal Tourism Development Board, and the Municipal Education Bureau should carry out their own work according to the division of the responsibilities.)